SecITC – Cybersecurity
International Conference on Information Technology and Communications
The #SecITC2019 is on 14-15 November 2019 in Bucharest, Romania.
SECITC 2019 post-proceedings are targeting to be published by Springer in LNCS.
The post-proceedings of SecITC 2018 were published by Springer in LNCS 11359: “Innovative Security Solutions for Information Technology and Communications”, 11th International Conference, SecITC 2018, Bucharest, Romania, November 8–9, 2018, Revised Selected Papers. |
https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-12942-2 – Soft Cover ISBN: 978-3-030-12942-2 / e-Book ISBN: 978-3-030-12942-2, DOI:
The post-proceedings of SecITC 2017 were published by Springer in LNCS 10543: “Innovative Security Solutions for Information Technology and Communications”, 10th International Conference, SecITC 2017, Bucharest, Romania, June 8–9, 2017, Revised Selected Papers. | http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319692838 – Soft Cover ISBN: 978-3-319-69283-8 / e-Book ISBN: 978-3-319-69284-5, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-69284-5.
The post-proceedings of SecITC 2016 were published by Springer in LNCS 10006: “Innovative Security Solutions for Information Technology and Communications”, 9th International Conference, SECITC 2016, Bucharest, Romania, June 9-10, 2016, Revised Selected Papers. | http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319472379 – Soft Cover:ISBN 978-3-319-47237-9 / e-Book ISBN: 978-3-319-47238-6, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-47238-6.
The post-proceedings of SecITC 2015 were published by Springer in LNCS 9522: “Innovative Security Solutions for Information Technology and Communications”, 8th International Conference, SECITC 2015, Bucharest, Romania, June 11-12, 2015. Revised Selected Papers | http://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319271781 – Soft Cover ISBN: 978-3-319-27178-1 / e-Book ISBN: 978-3-319-27179-8, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-27179-8.
The full paper submission deadline is: September 16 September 30, 2019
Security Technologies for ICT
Cryptographic Algorithms and Protocols
Information Security Management
|Emil SIMION||University Politehnica from Bucharest||ROMANIA|
Program Committee – Surname alphabetical order
|Ludovic APVRILLE||Institut Mines-Telecom / Telecom ParisTech||FRANCE|
|Lasse BERNTZEN||The University College of Southeast Norway (USN)||NORWAY|
|Ion BICA||Military Technical Academy||ROMANIA|
|Catalin BOJA||Bucharest University of Economic Studies||ROMANIA|
|Christophe CLAVIER||Université de Limoges||FRANCE|
|Paolo D’ARCO||University of Salerno||ITALY|
|Eric DIEHL||Sony Pictures||USA|
|Eric FREYSSINET||Ministry of Interior / Cyberthreats delegation||FRANCE|
|Helena HANDSCHUH||Rambus – Cryptography Research||USA|
|Shoichi HIROSE||University of Fukui||JAPAN|
|Miroslaw KUTYLOWSKI||Wroclaw University of Technology||POLAND|
|Jean-Francois LALANDE||CentraleSupelec Rennes||FRANCE|
|Giovanni LIVRAGA||Università degli Studi di Milano||ITALY|
|Diana MAIMUT||Advanced Technologies Institute||ROMANIA|
|Florian MENDEL||TU Graz||AUSTRIA|
|Kazuhiko MINEMATSU||NEC Corporation||JAPAN|
|Svetla NIKOVA||COSIC, KU Leuven||BELGIUM|
|Ruxandra OLIMID||NTNU – Norwegian University of Science and Technology||NORWAY|
|Victor Valeriu PATRICIU||Military Technical Academy||ROMANIA|
|Reza REYHANITABAR||NEC Laboratories Europe||GERMANY|
|Peter Y.A. RYAN||University of Luxembourg||LUXEMBOURG|
|Agusti SOLANAS||Smart Health Research Group, Rovira i Virgili University||SPAIN|
|Pantelimon STĂNICĂ||Naval Postgraduate School||USA|
|Rainer STEINWANDT||Florida Atlantic University||USA|
|Willy SUSILO||University of Wollongong||AUSTRALIA|
|Ferucio Laurentiu TIPLEA||Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi||ROMANIA|
|Mihai TOGAN||Military Technical Academy||ROMANIA|
|Cristian TOMA||Bucharest University of Economic Studies||ROMANIA|
|Qianhong WU||Beihang University||CHINA|
|Sule YILDIRIM-YAYILGAN||Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)||NORWAY|
|Lei ZHANG||East China Normal University||CHINA|
Scientific Events associated with www.secitc.eu
- Workshop for the Research Contract # 17PCCDI ⁄ 2018
Military Technical Academy: www.mta.ro,
Bucharest University of Economic Studies: www.ase.ro,
University “Politehnica” of Bucharest: www.upb.ro,
Bucharest University: www.unibuc.ro
- Workshop on Innovative Techniques, Diversity & Connectivity Center for Research and Training in Innovative Techniques of Applied Mathematics in Engineering
Faculty of Applied Sciences, University Politehnica of Bucharest
Chairs: Antonela Toma and Emil Simion
Technical Support Team
- Mihai DOINEA – Bucharest University of Economic Studies, ROMANIA
- Cristian CIUREA – Bucharest University of Economic Studies, ROMANIA
- Luciana MOROGAN – Military Technical Academy, ROMANIA
- Marius POPA – Bucharest University of Economic Studies, ROMANIA
- Bogdan IANCU – Bucharest University of Economic Studies, ROMANIA
- Mihai PURA – Military Technical Academy, ROMANIA
- Marian HAIDUCU – IMAR – Institute of Mathematics of the Romanian Academy, ROMANIA
- George TESELEANU – Advanced Technologies Institute, ROMANIA
- Alin ZAMFIROIU – Bucharest University of Economic Studies, ROMANIA
Call for papers:
The 12th International Conference on Security for Information Technology and Communications (SecITC 2019) will be held in Bucharest, Romania on November 14-15, 2019. The conference venue will be the Palace of the National Military Circle, located right in the heart of Bucharest, the capital city of Romania.
SecITC brings together computer security researchers, cryptographers, industry representatives and graduate students interested in any aspect of information security and privacy. One of SecITC’s primary goal is connecting security and privacy researchers as well as professionals from different communities and providing a forum that allows informal exchanges necessary for the emergence of new scientific and industrial collaborations. SecITC 2018 post-proceedings were published by Springer as LNCS vol. 11359, SECITC 2017 post-proceedings were published by Springer as LNCS vol. 10543, SECITC 2016 post-proceedings were published by Springer as LNCS vol. 10006 and for SECITC 2015 post-proceedings were published by Springer as LNCS vol. 9522 in a book titled “Innovative Security Solutions for Information Technology and Communications”.
Paper submission and refereeing for SECITC 2019 will take place via EasyChair and the post-proceedings will be published by Springer in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. In the year 2019, as in 2018, the board is targeting to have a stronger focus on the technologies from the Cyber Security field without impacting the Crypto focus.
The conference topics comprise all aspects of information security, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Access control,
- Algorithmic Tools for Security and Cryptography,
- Application security,
- Attacks and defences,
- Authentication Biometry,
- Blockchain Security and Security aspects of alternative currencies,
- Censorship and censorship-resistance,
- Cloud and Web Security,
- Cryptography, biometric and watermarking,
- Distributed systems security,
- Embedded systems security,
- Digital forensics,
- Hardware security,
- Information flow analysis,
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security,
- Intrusion detection and prevention system,
- Language-based security,
- Malware and Ransomware,
- Mobile security,
- Network security,
- New exploits,
- Policy enforcements,
- Privacy and anonymity,
- Protocol security,
- Reverse-engineering and code obfuscation,
- Security architectures,
- Side channel attacks,
- Surveillance and anti-surveillance,
- System security,
- Trust management.
Instructions for authors:
Submissions must not substantially duplicate work that any of the authors has published elsewhere or has submitted in parallel for consideration of any other journal, conference/workshop with proceedings. The submission should begin with a title followed by a short abstract and keywords. Submissions must be in PDF format and should have at most 12 pages excluding the bibliography and appendices, and at most 20 pages in total, using at least 11-point fonts and with reasonable margins. All submissions must be anonymous. The reviewers are not required to read appendices—the paper should be intelligible without them. Submissions not meeting these guidelines risk rejection without consideration of their merits. Authors of accepted papers should guarantee that at least one of the authors will attend the conference and present their paper. Paper submission and review process is handled via EasyChair platform. All submissions must be in PDF format. For paper submission follow the following link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=secitc2019
As the final accepted papers will be published in LNCS by Springer, it is recommended that the submissions be processed in LaTeX2e according to the instructions listed on the Springer’s LNCS Webpage: www.springer.com/lncs. These instructions are mandatory for the final papers. In particular, Springer’s LNCS paper formatting requirements can be found at: http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs/lncs+authors?SGWID=0-40209-0-0-0
Deadlines & Program:
- Full Paper Submission:
September 16September 30, 2019, at 23:59 UTC/GMT
- Notification of decision: October 18, 2019
- Proceedings version due: October 28, 2019
- Conference electronic registration via e-mail – see details into the Important Notes of the Payment section: November 12, 2019
- Conference on site registration – when electronic registration is not possible: November 14-15, 2019
- Conference days: November 14-15, 2019
The conference program is available now for download.
Bio:Traian MUNTEAN, Honorary Professor of Computer Science (Aix-Marseille University-France), has received his PhD in Computer Science from the University of Grenoble after studying informatics and appliedmathematics at Institut National Polytechnique and Université Joseph Fourier (Grenoble Alpes University today).
After carrying out research in control methods for complex and reconfigurable computer systems architectures and parallel computing languages as well as formal models for programs construction as visiting scientist at Oxford University and Philips Research Laboratory Brussels, on leave from INRIA Paris, he founded a research group on “Massively Parallel and Communicating Systems” at IMAG Research Institute Grenoble where he was a Research Director since 1983. His research interests covered specification, design, and programming models for parallel/distributed critical systems and reconfigurable massive parallel architectures (in late 80’s he was scientific coordinator within the UE-ESPRIT program of the SUPERNODE project which designed the first dynamically reconfigurable massively parallel supercomputer of a 1000’nd nodes of transputers).
From 1995 he joined the University of Marseilles where he founded two research groups, the “Parallel Communicating Systems” Research Group where he and his collaborators conduct research for the specification and correct construction of dynamic and mobile communicating systems. Since 2004 he founded and lead the ERISCS Research Group (Informatics for Secure Communicating Systems). His research interests include the design of future complex mobile, adaptive and reconfigurable systems and more specifically correctness, safety and security methods for heterogeneous communicating systems.
Prof. Muntean has supervised about 50 PhD & Habilitation thesis and published some hundred research papers in major international conferences and journals or books in the field and acted also as invited professor within several foreign universities.
T. Muntean lead a dozen of major R&D projects within EU founded programs, two of which have been awarded by the European Commission for advanced innovation.
Title of the presentation: “Trends and future challenges for security and privacy of autonomous and mobile critical communicating systems”
Bio: Marc Joye received his Ph.D. degree in applied sciences (cryptography) from the Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium, in 1997. In 1998 and 1999, he was a post-doctoral fellow of the National Science Council, Republic of China. From 1999 to 2006, he was with the Card Security Group, Gemplus (now Gemalto), France. From 2006 to 2016, he was with the Security Labs, Technicolor, France (formerly Thomson R&D) and USA. From 2016 o 2018, he was with NXP Semiconductors, USA. He is now with OneSpan. His research interests include cryptography, cryptanalysis, information security, confidentiality, privacy, authentication, and computational number theory. He is a member of the IACR and co-founder of the UCL Crypto Group.
Title of the presentation: “Privacy… please!”
Peter Roenne received his PhD in theoretical physics in 2007 from the University of Copenhagen. He has international experience as a postdoctoral researcher in physics and mathematics at Desy, Hamburg, 2007-2009 (string theory), University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, 2010 (string theory), University of Cologne, 2011-2012 (condensed matter physics) and as AFR postdoctoral fellow at University of Luxembourg, 2013-2014 (mathematics). Peter changed to the field of cryptography in 2015 and joined INRIA, Nancy. His research is focused on cryptographic protocols with particular emphasis on security and usability in e-voting.
Peter joins the Applied Security and Information Assurance Group – APSIA headed by Prof. Peter Y.A. Ryan and will work on computer security, in particular in cryptography and design of e-voting protocols.
Title of the presentation: “(Authenticated) Key Exchange Protocols in the Post-Quantum Context”
From an information security perspective, protecting sensitive data requires utilizing algorithms which resist theoretical attacks. However, treating an algorithm in a purely mathematical fashion and thus neglecting its physical (hardware or software) implementation opens the door to various real-world security threats. Cryptographic devices often have additional, unintended output such as their execution time, power consumption, electromagnetic radiation, light emissions, acoustic and heat emanations, and so on. Naturally, the simple occurrence of such output, formally known as side channel leakage or side channel information, does not automatically compromise the sensitive data: a sound strategy to exploit side channel information is paramount. The field of study that deals with such techniques is called Side Channel Analysis (or short: SCA).
The main objective of this presentation is to demonstrate how to mount a practical SCA attack on an AES implementation running on a publicly available ARM Cortex M4 platform, using state of the art tools and software. Before we get to the practical part, this talk will also cover theoretical aspects of side channel analysis, statistics and cryptography.
Title of the presentation: “Side channels in practice”
The conference registration fee is 300 € (EURO) for non-students.
- The conference promotes results obtained by young researchers (undergraduate, graduate, master students, and Ph.D. students) by providing free participation opportunities, but the publishing and operational costs are covered by a fee of 150 € (EURO). Young researchers must provide proof of their university enrollment and must present results obtained individually or with other fellow students.
- Payment can be done only by bank transfer.
The bank accounts (IBAN) are:
- For ROL (Romanian currency), Transilvania Bank: RO21 BTRL RONC RT00 G606 7701
- For EUR (European currency), Transilvania Bank: RO06 BTRL EURC RT00 G606 7701
- The SWIFT code of Transilvania Bank is: BTRLRO22
- BENEFICIARY DETAILS: “Asociatia Clubul Informaticii Economice – Cyber Knowledge Club” Non-Profit Association, Fiscal Registration Code (CIF) / Unique Registration Code (CUI): 31079668, No. Reg. Comm.: J84/21.11.2012, Social Address: Bld. Mărăşeşti 19/4, District 4, Bucharest, with postal address: str. Calea Dorobantilor no. 15-17, “Virgil Madgearu” Building, room 2210 / 2315, District 1, Bucharest, web: www.cyberknowledgeclub.org
- PLEASE SPECIFY IN YOUR PAYMENT ORDER DETAILS: SECITC2019
Authors are requested to send to the Conference e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) the bank transfer confirmation document in order to validate the payment. Until the secretariat receives the document, the registration is considered incomplete.
Authors must pay the international transfer fee requested by the bank.
- Paper publication in the Springer’s LNCS or Conference Proceedings volume with ISBN / ISSN number.
- Access to all conference sessions, keynote lectures, coffee breaks, other documentation, conference bag / conference folder.
- Authors of the papers will receive an invitation to submit a version of their work to a different on-line journal – e.g. IE, JMEDS or JAQM.
- Electronic registration and confirmation date is November 12, 2019. It is possible to have registration also on site in the conference days, usually during the mornings. For the electronic registration, it is enough to send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the payment order as attachment and the client details, in order to able us to reply with the electronic invoice. The SecITC Team will do its best to provide the invoice associated to the payment orders. For some universities and research centres are required the Conference Participation Certificate and these certificates will be available on site at the chairman during the conference days.
- There will be no refunds for cancellations received after the registration date.
- If the payment is made by cheque, the authors must support the extra fee for bank handling costs.
SECITC 2019 will take place in the heart of Bucharest, the capital of Romania, at Palace of the National Military Circle – www.cmn.ro. For the location please check out Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/zEKs4Y83Q9a4u5Eg8. For the complete URL, please access this link.
Partners and Sponsors:
Virgil Magearu Building,15-17 Calea Dorobantilor Ave., Bucharest, Romania, 010552
www.secit.eu | email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | (+40) 021 319 19 00 / int 310